Global Assessment Certficate
The Global Assessment Certificate™ (GAC) program is an internationally recognized university preparation program for students who do not have English as their first language. It is a product of ACT Education Solutions, Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of ACT Inc).
The GAC is a university preparation program that provides students with the academic knowledge, independent learning skills, English language skills and confidence to enter and successfully complete a bachelor’s degree at university.
If you want to study overseas, successful completion of the GAC gives entry into one of many GAC Pathway Universities in Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and Vietnam.
The GAC can be delivered full-time, or part-time. GAC program includes 3 levels I-III. GAC program’s subjects are Academic English, Mathematics, Computer, Study Skills, Economics, Science and Society, as well as study skills to be successful at university. Each level consists of 240 contact hours and 120 hours of independent study.
- LEVEL I
- Academic English I: Listening & Speaking Skills
- Academic English I: Reading & Writing Skills
- Study Skills for Independent Learning
- Mathematics I: Fundamentals
- Computing I: Introduction to Computing for Academic Study
- Business, Science, & Social Science I: Communication Skills
- IELTS Preparation Skills
- LEVEL II
- Academic English II: Listening & Speaking Skills
- Academic English II: Reading & Writing Skills
- Mathematics II: Probability, Statistics & Finance
- Computing II: Data Management
- Business II: Business Studies
- ACT Assessment Preparation Skills
- Social Science II: Identity & Interaction in Society
- LEVEL III
- Academic English III: Listening & Speaking Skills
- Academic English III: Reading & Writing Skills
- Mathematics III: Calculus & Advanced Applications
- Computing III: Graphics & Web Design
- Business III: International Business Studies
- ACT Assessment Preparation Skills
- Social Science III: Research Skills and Global Issues
Especially, during the course, students will be prepared for ACT® test, a multiple choice test which is the standard for enrolling in universities, including English, Mathematics, Comprehension and Science (equivalent to SAT test). The result is recognized by almost universities in the USA and other countries. GAC program is the only university preparation program including ACT test.
Students can choose full-time or part-time program:
- Full-time (in 1 year): 4 terms; each term has 10 study weeks; each day has 3-4 contact hours daytime.
- Part-time (in 2 years): 6 terms; each term has 14 study weeks divided into 6 terms the class hours are from 5.30pm to 8.30pm on Mon, Wed, Fri OR Tue, Thu, Sat.
By the end of the program, students will be awarded GAC certificate.
GAC Certificate is recognized by nearly 100 tertiary education organizations in the U.S., UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, and other countries. In the U.S., GAC has been evaluated by the American Council of Education, and the GAC certificate has been proposed to be equivalent to 31 tertiary credits. This proposal means a student with GAC certificate can be exempted up to 2 semesters at a U.S. university.
Applicants are required to sit for an English test. Successful applicants have the minimum English level of IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent) and complete grade 10.
OVERSEAS STUDY OPPORTUNITY
GAC certificate is recognized by nearly 100 universities worldwide. Students can choose universities in the USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, and Thailand.
In some American universities, GAC graduates are given exemption from several subjects. Students; therefore, can shorten their study time and save the cost of studying abroad; for example, DeVry University, Berkeley College, Oklahoma State University, Iowa State University, etc.
Besides, they can choose to study international programs at NIIE or RMIT (Vietnam).
Last updated September 30, 2015