Game Graphics & Multimedia Entertainment
Make use of your existing design skills and expand your creativity into other markets such as Game Design for Ad games, Educational games, Online or Mobile games and more – we’ll show you just how to get there.
Friends of Design – Academy of Digital Arts, has been running the Game Graphics & Multimedia Entertainment Course since 2012 with great success, being the first Council of Higher Education accredited, stand-alone course of its kind in South Africa.
This course offers game enthusiasts, creatives and interactive media interested students the chance to get an education in this field, thus providing the future employees for companies in the digital entertainment business, as well as equipping students for starting their own companies as freelancers.
What to expect from your studies
The course is packed with theoretical & practical training that includes:
- Game Production Overview
- History of Games and Gaming
- Game Design Concepts
- Game Design Document Writing
- 3D Modeling and Texturing Basics
- Scripting Basics
- Game Engine Basics
- The different applications of Game Technology
- How to start game and interactive product production
- Pitching a Game Concept
- Creating and Importing in-game assets
- Final Project in your field of choice (Scripting, Game Design Document, 3D Modeling …)
- Game Prototyping
- Interface Design Theory
- Animation in 3D Software
- Advanced Scripting
- Level Design Theory
You will learn how to use the following Software Applications:
You will be able to do the following on completion of the course:
- Work with a team of specialists creating games or other interactive products
- Understand Game Technology and its many applications
- Create 3D models for in-game or interactive use
- Script gameplay elements for games
- Come, define and document a game concept from idea to the finished document
- Analyze games for flaws in game features and level design
- Understand the game industry better than most people
- Plan, research, work and improve your skills in your field of specialization and others
- Create game concepts for different purposes and target groups (Advertising, Education, Entertainment, etc.)
- Know what makes games work and why
You must be 18 years of age or older, you must have obtained a Matric Certificate and you must be fluent in spoken and written English. Previous Art or Design training at a school level is an advantage.
Graphic Design, IT, Animation and Computer studies are advantageous for the G.A.M.E Course, but not essential.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 20, 2015