GMAT Test Prep - Online courses and tools
What is the GMAT®?
The GMAT® is the Graduate Management Admission Test, a standardized computer adaptive test. Like all aptitude tests, it must choose a medium in which to measure ‘academic ability’. The GMAT® has chosen Math and English to do so by testing quantitative and verbal reasoning skills.
The GMAT® is used primarily for post-graduate program admission to Business Schools/universities/colleges, and, in particular, MBA programs.
What is a computer adaptive test?
CAT means the level of difficulty of each Quantitative or Verbal question is determined by whether the previous question was answered correctly or not. It also means you cannot skip questions and go back to them later on. You are obliged to answer each question before being able to move on. There is always one (and only one) correct answer for each question.
Why take the GMAT®?
The test is taken by prospective candidates of all ages from all over the world and it is used primarily for admission into Business Schools/universities/colleges. Since applicants come from varying backgrounds standardized tests provide admission officers with a common measure to compare the candidates' qualifications. Besides admission on higher education programs, the Schools may use the GMAT scores when evaluating Tuittion waiver/ Scholarship applications.
How do I prepare for the GMAT®?
To address the test preparation needs of GMAT® students, we have developed the following learning solutions:
• The MasterPrep GMAT® Long distance course
• The MasterPrep GMAT® E-course
• The MasterPrep GMAT® Simulations
• The MasterPrep GMAT® Books
• The MasterPrep Free Resources: GMAT® Study Plan, GMAT® Diagnostic Test, 10 GMAT® Secrets, Download an extract from the GMAT® Book, GMAT® Scores for Business Schools, GMAT® Course Content, Forum, Question of the Day, MasterPrep Newsletter
The GMAT® Long distance course is delivered remotely through conferencing solutions worldwide. We perform the GMAT® diagnostic test, create the GMAT® study plan and allocate specialized instructors for the GMAT® Verbal and GMAT® Quantitative parts.
The GMAT® E-course should be approached with a lot of study, analytical thinking, and learning to think like a GMAT® writer. Many of the exercises in this course are designed to train you to think like those who formulate questions for this test. On the basis of this knowledge, the material will introduce a series of analytical techniques that will be of great help not only for the GMAT® test but also for the program for which you need it for.
The GMAT® E-course content:
Critical Reasoning: Premises, conclusions and assumptions (suppressed premises) , Obfuscation, traps, 2 out 5 rule, Classification of Assumptions, GMAT verbal strategy, Questions Types, Practice
Reading Comprehension and Sentence Correction: Reading methods, Mapping the reading passage, Question answering strategies, Question types, Types of errors, What is the GMAT looking for, Answer choice types, Strategy, Practice
Problem Solving:Types of problems integrated with math review and strategies, Number theory and properties – Rapid mental calculation skills, Algebra, Percentage, Fractions and decimals, Ratio and proportion, Mixtures, Geometry
Data Sufficiency: Types of questions integrated with math review and strategies, Number properties in Data Sufficiency, Exponents and roots, Factors and multiples, Equations, Probability and Statistics, Combinatorics
The GMAT® Simulation:
• Correct answers and complete explanations
• AWA sections: Quantitative and Verbal
• Management and Accurate assessment of score (200-800)
• 2 modes of use: Realistic Timing simulation of examination and Practice Mode - operating procedures and practice indefinitely
• Compatible with various operating systems (Windows, iOS)
• Timer for each question to calculate the time taken for each response
• No duplicate questions
• Effective CAT "Computer Adaptive Test"
• No expiration of saved results
The GMAT® Book, Your Complete Guide to GMAT Preparation introduces you to numerous analytic techniques that will support your IR, AWA, Quantitative and Verbal test performance.The book’s content spans from basic concepts to more advanced topics. For every section, a study extension is included with harder exercises which target the upper levels of difficulty of the test.
• Top tips on how to gain more points on the GMAT®
• Effective strategies developed by MasterPrep expert instructors
• Hundreds of real GMAT® level questions
• GMAT® quick start study plan
• GMAT® secrets you can’t afford to know
Last updated September 30, 2015