From Story to Screen in Eight Weeks is the School’s longest running course and is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in filmmaking. This course gives students practical experience in all key areas of filmmaking and culminates in the production of the students’ own short films. It covers the essential craft areas of screenwriting, use of camera and sound, casting and directing actors, editing and script development. The course is intensive and it is ideal for those considering a change in career.
- Gain the ability to structure a script and create a storyboard
- Understand how to use the camera to tell a story
- Learn to shoot for the final edit and edit a scene
- Know how to manage a crew and to direct using the correct on-set procedures
- Understand how to cast and direct actors for the camera
- Know how to record sound and use it creatively to tell a story
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our From Story to Screen in Eight Weeks course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 4, 2016