Foundation and Endowment Asset Management develops skills in managing the investment assets of foundations, endowments, universities, charities, and philanthropies. The programme provides insights into domestic and international investment in all the main asset classes. Themes covered include:
- asset allocation
- portfolio construction
- investment styles
- manager selection
- performance measurement
- sustainable spending
Real-world cases studies
The programme includes contemporary, real-world case studies that explore how endowments may best be managed. Some of these cases are ongoing situations that confront current CEOs, CFOs and CIOs. Guest speakers are invited into the classroom while participants discuss the case.
Topics covered during Foundation and Endowment Asset Management include:
- Spending goals and risk
- Portfolio construction
- Capital market expectations
- Factors in returns
- International asset allocation
- Investment styles
- Manager selection
- Performance measurement
- Alternative assets
- Current controversies in charitable funds management
- Cases in foundation and endowment asset management
Foundation and Endowment Asset Management will equip participants with the knowledge and insights to make good strategic decisions for their investment assets. Participants will develop a solid understanding of the tools and implementation issues involved in managing charity, foundation and endowment assets.
You will gain:
- practical skills for managing charity and endowment assets
- contacts with leaders and colleagues in the endowment sector
- new insights on strategic questions
Your organisation will gain:
- a better trained investment professional
- networking with peer organisations
- the international perspective of a top global business school
The Programme Certificate from London Business School will be awarded to participants who complete the Foundation and Endowment Asset Management Programme.
Foundation and Endowment Asset Management is designed for individuals who invest the assets of charities, universities, foundations, endowments, trust funds, colleges, universities, family offices and the public sector.
The syllabus is relevant to:
- senior staff from endowments, foundations and family offices
- asset managers, consultants, financial and legal advisers, and regulators
- philanthropy leaders, senior development staff, trustees and board members.