- Autumn 2015: September 4 - December 19
- Spring 2015: January 9 - May 9
The semester program at Prague Film School is a highly-intensive, hands-on course with a steep learning curve. The objective of the program is to instruct concrete craft skills through substantial production and course work. By the program's end, students will have developed a certain fluency in both the technical aspects of filmmaking and in film language in general.
Students enrolled in the semester program are required to follow courses in each of the core modules of screenwriting, editing, cinematography and directing. Students attend classes in sound, camera-related workshops and two elective courses from a menu of courses listed below. Within the first semester, each student directs four film productions while working on an additional 16 - 20 film sets.
By the end of the course, students will be competent in: shooting with RED, Canon, Sony High Definition; operating and designing with lights ranging from dedos to 4K HMI, editing with AVID Media Composer systems, color grading, applying graphics and animation using Affer Effects, location sound recording and sound post production. Students will have also received training in screenplay structure and dramaturgy, character development, script analysis, visualization, color theory, directing the camera, directing actors and more.
- Editing - 3 credits
- Film analysis
- Film history
- Directing music videos and commercials
- Central and eastern european cinema
- Directing actors
- Documentary film production
- Documentary film theory and history
- Film shot as a component of film language
- Photography for cinematography
- Color theory
- Computer animation
- Czech language
- Sound (boom, wireless, sound post production) and equipment protocol.
The semester program at Prague Film School is identical to the first semester of the year program. Indeed, students matriculating in the fall indeed study in classes with students enrolled in the year course.
- Autumn 2015: 8.800 Euro
- Spring 2015: 8.800 Euro
- Equipment Fee: 480 Euro [does not apply for acting for film program]
Last updated June 6, 2016