Extended Diploma in Management EQF Level 5
The aim of the programme:
This Diploma is UK accredited and designed for aspiring managers. You will gain an understanding of the practical application of the various aspects of business & management, while developing your skills to analyse problems, take effective decisions and manage a team.
Throughout the programme, Malta Business School will help you to develop creative thoughts and insights while challenging you to stretch your natural abilities. The programme focuses on the practical applicability of theories into real-life business situations.
This one year full-time programme covers 8 units across 2 semesters.
- Managing Communication (15 credits/ECTS)
- People Management (15 credits/ECTS)
- Planning a Work based Team Project (15 credits/ECTS)
- Personal and Professional Development (15 credits/ECTS)
- Marketing Principles and Practice (15 credits/ECTS)
- Business Organisations in a Global Context (15 credits/ECTS)
- Finance for the Manager (15 credits/ECTS)
- Research Project (20 credits/ECTS)
Mode of delivery:
The diploma is 100% tutor led and delivered at our premises in Birkirkara, Malta. All tutors have excellent experience within their fields of expertise, as well as an academic background. They encourage interaction by means of activities, teamwork and discussions related to the subject matter from a practical point of view. The training premises are bright and spacious and equipped with advanced facilities to offer a high quality training environment. A library, study room and lounge area are also available for all learners to be used at their own convenience.
The programme includes discussions of case studies, class presentations, group work and tutorials. Intakes are a mix of international and local students. Attendance is monitored regularly.
Methods of assessment
The Diploma is assignment based. An assignment for every Unit, that might also include a presentation, would need to be uploaded online at the end of each term. You also have the option to submit a draft of your assignment four weeks prior to the final submission date and gather feedback on your draft submission.
- Learners need to be at least 18 years of age, and above
- Have a Level 4 qualification in business or other equivalent international qualifications
- Relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications
English Language Requirements
- This programme is delivered in English so you must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the Unit assignments.
- You are required to have at least an intermediate level in the language. This could be demonstrated through an English language certificate of proficiency (such as IELTS level 5.5 or equivalent). If this is not available, we will assess your level through a Skype interview as well as our own English language tests.
- If the school feels that you need to improve your language ability, the school will suggest a short intensive English language course prior to the start of the programme.
- If you are concerned about your English language abilities, we are happy to organise English language classes either prior to the start of the Diploma or ongoing throughout your studies.
As part of your studies, Malta Business School offers you the option to undertake an internship opportunity offering an exciting chance to gain practical, hands on work experience. The Internship programmes are made up of practical work placements, either after the completion of your studies or during the summer holidays. The internship experience is designed to help you develop professional skills, but it can also help develop confidence, communication skills and personal qualities. An internship can be highly rewarding and provides a unique opportunity to experience another aspect of a different culture.
The school does not have its own accommodation premises however we are happy to recommend diverse accommodation alternatives. We work with different third parties to offer a number of accommodation types to suit everyone’s needs. Bookings with these third parties will be done by the school.
The Extended Diploma in Management at Level 5, has a progression route to a final year of a BA degree with some UK universities.
The top-up will typically take between ten to twenty months depending on what degree you follow. Distance learning or hybrid studies are also available according to your lifestyle.
Why choose Malta Business School?
- High educational standards that are internationally recognised (UK qualifications)
- One-year diplomas with access to one year top-up degrees
- Top qualified trainers
- International student mix
- Exceptional support
- Teaching is based on case studies, open discussions, role plays and solution findings
- A strong focus on the applicability of knowledge learnt
- English is one of two official languages of the Maltese
- Fascinating surroundings of beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, cultural sites and picturesque villages
- No need for a Visa for learners from the EU or Schengen countries
- One of the safest environments in the world
- Affordable cost of living
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 16, 2015