Course: English & Work Experience
- Free Registration & Work Placement
- 20 English lessons per week (student may also choose Business English or One-to-One English Course at a supplementary charge)
- Maximum of 10 students in Adult English Classes
- 20 to 25 hours work experience per week
- Course materials (preliminary assessment test, photocopies)
- Course books included
- Free WiFi access
- Information pack / student identity card
- Final certificate of achievement
- Skills Assessment Certificate
- Reference Letter
- Lessons held from 9:00 to 12:30 and work experience from 13:30 to 17:30 OR 6 weeks lessons and 6 weeks work experience.
- Price for Internship Placement service only (no English lesson): €300
This course is an ideal option for young adult students seeking to enter the working world. The English & Work Experience Course combines English lessons with a work placement allowing students to practise their English skills in a real working environment.
This course is not only an excellent initiation into the business world but will also provide students with invaluable work experience that will enhance their CV and future career prospects.
Students combine English lessons with Work Experience sessions for a minimum period of 6 weeks. Work Experience programmes are tailored to students’ individual requirements in their field of specialisation according to their level of English. The Course is flexible - students may opt to take a General English, One-to-One or Business English Course or a combination of our most suitable courses as advised by our Director of Studies.
We aim to place students in a suitable work placement before their arrival in Malta. Positions will be found in the required field according to the student’s qualifications, work experience, level of English, age and length of stay. Following a student’s enrollment in our course, he/she will be interviewed by the school or a company representative. After being placed in a suitable position, the student will receive a list of their prospective duties in their place of work before their arrival in Malta. All work experience is unpaid.
Students who wish to undertake an internship with no English course may avail of our Internship Placement Service. Following applications, we will place students with the most suitable company that matches your requirements.
English & Work Experience Course Levels: Pre-Intermediate to Advanced.
We can find students work placements in the following areas:
- Agriculture / horticulture
- Administration, Management
- Accounts / Finance
- Culture / Arts
- Electrical Engineering
- Design / publishing / printing
- Photography / videography
- Advertising / Marketing
- Sport & Leisure
Prospective applicants should submit their booking form at least 8-12 weeks before the required start date together with the following:
- 1. Copy of CV
- 2. Deposit (€145)
- 3. Letter of Application
- 4. Photocopy / Scanned copy of Passport /ID Card
Work Experience Application Requirements
- Minimum Age: 18
- Minimum level of English: Intermediate
- Minimum length of course : 6 weeks
- Maximum length of course: 50 weeks
- Open to both EU and non-EU nationals
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 30, 2016