English Language Course
The aim of this course is to provide students with balanced practice in all English language skills, i.e. reading, listening, speaking and writing as well as language components of grammar and vocabulary. Students will be exposed to a wide variety of written and recorded texts on various topics pertaining to modern life, with exercises designed to develop a range of comprehension skills and build receptive and active vocabulary, paying particular attention to collocation and natural turns of phrase. The course will also focus on developing active skills, giving students a chance to practise new vocabulary in a variety of contexts through pair work, role-plays and all-class discussions as well as through writing activities. At the same time, the course should also help students to develop efficient learning strategies and encourage them to become autonomous and independent learners. All classes are conducted in English.
The course lasts from October 2013 to June/July 2014 and is divided into two semesters. Graduation of ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE (IELTS test) gives participant an opportunity to be accepted for the Premedical Course at the Medical University of Gdańsk.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE CURRICULUM
- Semester I: Phonetics, Listening and Speaking, Reading and Speaking, Writing, Grammar, Culture, Polish Language
- Semester II: Phonetics, Listening and Speaking, Reading and Speaking, Writing, Grammar, Study Skills, ESP, Polish Language
Candidates for admission to the ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE should register in electronic candidate database and submit completed application package by regular mail to the Admission Office at the Medical University of Gdansk within the deadline set by the University. Deadline will be publish soon.
Applicants must be at least high school graduates.
Documents required in admission proces:
- a completed application form (printed from the electronic candidates database)
- a copy of High School Diploma or its equivalent in candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or polish)
- a photocopy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent (size 35mm-45mm) photographs signed at the back (head not covered)
- certificate confirming English language skills
This school offers programs in: