(Please note this course is for EEA and Swiss Nationals only)
The internship programme consists of:
- an English Language Course to prepare students for their internship
- an Internship in a company which is relevant to your experience
This programme is most suitable for people who have practical or theoretical knowledge in a particular field and would like to gain experience in a work environment.
We will attempt to place you in a company where your practical or theoretical knowledge will be most suited.
The English Language Course
The morning General English classes will focus on the 4 main skills - speaking, listening, reading and writing. These are relevant to the 4 sections of the IELTS exam. These lessons will be course book based. The third hour focuses on practical English and study skills to help you use the English you have learnt.
The afternoon will concentrate on English for Work purposes. These lessons are designed to assist and prepare you for your internship which may include project work, conversation, presentations etc.
Due to the small size of the classes teachers can personalise the classes to suit your individual needs.
You will have homework most nights and you will have a test at the end of each week so you can monitor your progress.
Your internship will include a work placement in a relevant company related to your current skills and knowledge. We will also arrange to have a weekly meeting with you to make sure that everything is OK and help you with any issues. Finally, we will help you develop a portfolio which will include the documents you will need to apply for a job in the future.
- Course: English + Internship Programme
- Course code: GE 15 + INTERN
- Start dates: Every Monday
- Course Length: 2 week +
- Course Fee: £1,140 (2 weeks course + 4 or 8 weeks work); £2,080 (4 weeks course + 4 or 8 weeks work)
- Minimum Age: 18
- Level: Intermediate – Advanced
- Class size: 12 people maximum (usually less than 8 in the academic year)
- Number of hours per week: 25 hours
All course materials are provided.
You will receive a certificate at the end of your course stating your level according to the Common European Framework.