Based at our training centre located at Brighton City Airport and our new satellite base in Teruel, Spain (near Valencia) our Economy Integrated Flight Deck Programme is a full time flight-training programme, which takes students from little or no flying experience to a “Frozen ATPL” in approximately 16 months. Once all theory and ground school is complete, students go to Teruel to carry out the first three flight phases in a Piper PA28 aircraft, before coming back to the UK to complete the advanced phases. This has allowed us to create a £10,000 reduction in price on the standard course. It is identical to the standard integrated course in all other cases.
Upon successful competition of the course, students will be eligible to apply for a First Officer Role at any commercial airline. Once you have gained 1,500 hours flying experience your ATPL then becomes ‘unfrozen’, enabling you to apply for a Captain role at any commercial airline.
Our Integrated Flight Deck Programme’s are our most popular courses, and are the preferred training route for most airlines.
The full time course is broken down into the following phases:
- Basic Theory (Brighton, UK)
- ATPL Theory (Brighton, UK)
- Flying Phases 1 & 2 (Teruel, Spain)
- Flying Phase 3 (Teruel, Spain)
- Flying Phase 4 & MCC (Brighton, UK)
Candidate entry requirements:
- At least 5 X GCSEs (to include Maths and English) or equivalent
- Preferably 2 x A levels or equivalent
- Minimum age: 17 years
- An EASA class 1 medical certificate (conducted at London Gatwick – for full information and bookings please visit: www.caa.co.uk)
- While it is not a prerequisite for enrolment, we recommend that all applicants complete an assessment with an impartial body, such as the The Honourable Company of Air Pilots. For more information, please visit their website: www.airpilots.org
FTA holds a UK Border Agency Tier 4 sponsor licence (Highly Trusted Sponsor Status), which enables us to accept international students. Find out more about visas requirements for international students.
For the Economy Integrated Flight Deck Programme, we are only able to take on EU citizens, due to visa restrictions in Spain. Students from outside the EU are still able to apply for our Standard Integrated Flight Deck Programme.
Please note: If you require a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa, there will be an administration charge of £2,500 inc vat.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 1, 2015