This course provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as a Manager in any hospitality functional area. Students will gain a sound theoretical knowledge base and be able to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of their team. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
"Students must complete a total number of 28 units which comprise of 14 core units plus 14 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Manage diversity in the workplace
- Manage operational plan
- Enhance the customer service experience
- Manage quality customer service
- Manage conflict
- Manage finances within a budget
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Roster staff
- Lead and manage people
- Monitor work operations
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices"
"An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required. "
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016