Diploma of Higher Education in Combined Professional Studies
This flexible qualification enables you to develop lifelong learning skills that will open doors to further study and career development. You can choose from a wide variety of fascinating modules in any subjects you like, depending on your interests and career aspirations – including work-related modules to help you in your current role and enhance your future employability.
Key features of the course
- Gain an understanding of your subjects in ethical, social, intellectual, academic and employment contexts
- Develop critical and reflective awareness of your own learning and professional practice
- Learn to be creative and open to new possibilities – especially in the workplace
- Builds a solid foundation for further study.
The Foundation Degree in Combined Professional Studies aims to encourage you to develop:
- an enthusiasm for your chosen subjects and a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
- an understanding of your subjects in a broad ethical, social, intellectual, academic and employment context
- intellectual and critical abilities to analyse, synthesise, be creative and open to new possibilities – especially in the workplace
- the skills required to learn and to continue learning in new situations, and from a variety of sources and experiences
- a critical and reflective awareness of your own learning styles and preferences
- a critical and reflective awareness of your own professional practice
- a regard for the perspectives of others.
We believe cost shouldn’t be a barrier to achieving your potential. That’s why we work hard to keep the cost of study as low as possible and have a wide range of flexible ways to pay to help spread, or even reduce, the cost. Fees for study commencing in academic year 2014/2015 are:
- Fees are paid on a module-by-module basis – you won't have to pay for the whole of your qualification upfront.
- If like most OU students studying part time, you study an average of 60 credits a year – you’ll study for six years to complete a degree. Our typical fee for 60 credits is £2,632.
- Our current fee is £5,264 – based on 120 credits of study – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study.
- The total cost of your chosen qualification currently starts from £10,528 based on our current fees.
NB: Prices are subject to change.
How long does it take?
- Part time – 4 years
- Full time – 3 years
- Time limit – 12 years
This diploma is relevant to huge range of different careers and career paths. You will have the opportunity to design a personalised study programme, allowing you to develop skills needed to help you in your current workplace, or to work towards a complete change in career.
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification. You will however need to be proficient in English, to an IELTS standard of 6.0. If you are unsure you will be able to take a free English test as part of the registration process.
Last updated July 24, 2015