This course will provide you with practical skills and knowledge to produce drawings to design specifications for manufacture by an engineering workshop. You will learn a range of computer drafting skills as well as develop your knowledge of engineering processes and principles. You will also learn skills in computing and engineering graphics. You will learn about maths and science, materials, systems, standards and processes, safety in the workplace, effective communication and quality controls.
"Students must complete a total number of 20 units which comprise of 5 core units plus 15 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Organise and communicate information
- Interact with computing technology
- Select common engineering materials
- Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices"
"An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required. Year 12 with passes in English and Maths is required for entry into this course "
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016