This coursewill provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to manage the service delivery of community service organisations. You will learn skills in consultation, community program development, group work, advocacy, case management, policy and research. You will also learn skills in the management of finances, work safety and the work environment. You will undertake projects that involve working as part of a team and with the community. As part of this courseyou will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learnt.
Please note: You must provide a police clearance from your home country before you attend your work placement. You need to get this clearance before you arrive in Australia. If you enrol at Durack Institute of Technology, you will enter Certificate IV in Community Services Work directly from Year 1. If you attend West Coast Institute of Training, some classes will be offered at the McLarty Campus in McLarty Avenue, Joondalup. This campus is approximately 10 minutes walk from the main Kendrew Crescent, Joondalup campus. Students can also take the free CAT bus that circulates in the Joondalup CBD.
If you attend Central Institute, the Certificate IV in Preparation for Entry into Nursing is delivered at the Mt Lawley campus.
Students must complete a total number of 18 units which comprise of 11 core units plus7 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Implement community development strategies
- Develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
- Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication
- Conduct complex assessment and referral
- Work within a structured counselling framework
- Work intensively with clients
- Plan and conduct group activities
- Confirm client developmental status
- Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Contribute to WHS processes
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 14, 2015