This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to manage the service delivery of community service organisations. You will learn skills in consultation, community program development, group work, advocacy, case management, policy and research. You will also learn skills in the management of finances, work safety and the work environment. You will undertake projects that involve working as part of a team and with the community. As part of this course you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learnt.
"Students must complete a total number of 18 units which comprise of 11 core units plus 7 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Implement community development strategies
- Develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
- Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication
- Conduct complex assessment and referral
- Work within a structured counselling framework
- Work intensively with clients
- Plan and conduct group activities
- Confirm client developmental status
- Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Contribute to WHS processes"
An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016