This course develops the skills you need to convert an idea into a clear, dimensioned drawing to prepare the builder with the necessary information for construction.
Your work will be mostly office-based but also involves spending time on building sites. You will learn the social and environmental aspects of construction projects and the practical skills required to prepare drawings, estimates and plans using 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) techniques. The Diploma fine tunes your skills for the construction of Class 2 to 9 commercial and industrial building projects.
Students must complete a total number of 17 units which comprise of 7 core units plus 10 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Research construction materials and methods for small-scale residential building design projects
- Research compliance requirements for small-scale residential building design projects
- Recommend sustainability solutions for small-scale building design projects
- Develop concepts for small-scale building design projects and finalise solutions with clients
- Produce compliant client-approved designs for small-scale building design projects
- Produce compliant client-approved working drawings for small-scale residential buildings
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 14, 2015