Diploma in Sustainable Business | World-class Executive Program in Business Sustainability
The Diploma in Sustainable Business is a 1-year joint program of Business School Lausanne and the Institute for Economy and the Environment at theUniversity of St. Gallen(IWÖ-HSG), and is endorsed by theWorld Business Council for Sustainable Development(WBCSD).The program is driven by two leading management institutes, making for a dynamic and novel program. BSL is known for experiential learning, and St. Gallen contributes its best thought leaders in sustainability.
The program provides you with the opportunity to reflect on the majorchallenges our planet, society and businesses are facing in the coming decades. Youwill evaluate how companies can adapt their strategy and operations to embrace thesustainability challenges and to manage the risks and opportunities in a responsible way.Rather than writing a thesis, you will work in a small team to apply these insights to a real-life consulting project thereby applying directly what you learn.
The program is designed around the creation of a strong network and a learning platform.The interactive program combines classroom experiences with in-company encounters,sessions in nature and in exchange with NGOs, civil society and thought leaders.Graduates will be equipped with project management and leadership skills to lead change
Who is this program designed for?
This program is designed for you if you want to:
• develop your skills to work in the sustainability field as a specialistin business, public office or nongovernmental organizations
• work in an existing or new business that embraces sustainabilitythrough innovative products or services; or independently as aconsultant or entrepreneur
• integrate sustainability into your existing area of responsibility orinto main line functions such as product or project development,sourcing, operations, marketing or communications
• become an expert in the field, as a sustainability officer,
sustainability analyst, sustainability consultant, in sustainability
Diploma and degree
The executive post-graduate program leads to a joint degree of a“Diploma in Advanced Studies in Sustainable Business BSL-HSG”.
It represents 30 ECTS credits and falls under the category of
Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS). The total work volume is 750
hours, it represents 13 modules of 20 hours class sessions each,
with approximately 10 hours of pre-working and 20 hours of postcoursework for each module. These 650 hours include 150 hoursdedicated to project work and preview days. Participants shouldexpect to invest another 100 hours to complete a real-life project,totalling 250 hours for their project.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- At least 3 years at higher management level or 6 years of working experience
- Fluency in English (TOEFL level of 90 or equivalent)
- CV & 2 reference letters
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 16, 2016