The Sales and Marketing Diploma provides a solid foundation in Sales and Marketing skills, using group presentations, role-plays and debates. Our faculty stresses the ability to work effectively in a team-based environment by including group assignments and class discussions. Students are encouraged to share ideas and work together. We incorporate current business concepts and real-life examples to illustrate a worldly view of the corporate sales and marketing environment. The selected courses provide students with knowledge of sales and marketing functions, and practical skills applicable to this setting.
The Sales and Marketing Diploma curriculum includes specialization from the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) knowledge base for certification.
Upon successful completion of the program, students qualify for the Sales and Marketing Diploma from Ashton College and receive the Professional Sales Certificate from CPSA.
The Diploma in Sales and Marketing can build on your professional competencies and help advance you career in:
- Sales management
- Team leadership
Graduates can work as advertising coordinators, market researchers, retail trade supervisors, department store supervisors, head cashiers, produce department supervisors, rental service supervisors, retail sales, and telemarketing supervisors.
General Admission Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a high school graduate or 19 years-old (or older) at the start of their program or course.
- Applicants may be required to provide valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants must meet Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s requirements for students studying in Canada.
- Applicants may also be required to demonstrate their English proficiency.
These requirements may vary slightly from program to program. Please check with your Program Adviser or the program webpage for requirements specific to your chosen program.
English Language Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must demonstrate English-language proficiency by providing proof of one of the following:
- A minimum grade of “C” in English 12; or
- A minimum grade of “C” in English Literature 12; or
- English language proficiency by one of the following means or equivalent tests:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 64 (Internet-based), 180 (computer-based) or 510 (paper-based), or
- Minimum IELTS Academic score of 5.5; or
- Minimum TOEIC score of 800; or
- ACCUPLACER score of 76-95