Patisserie requires a mastery of technique combined with imagination. Our intensive professional skills courses will teach you the fundamental skills required by the modern Pastry Chef.
Our 20 week Diploma in Professional Patisserie course is an intensive, professional level programme designed to give you the skills of the modern Pastry Chef.
Pastry Chefs are always in demand in the catering industry from working in top restaurants, creating breads, pastries and desserts in a catering business, or making the delicate delights of the classic patisserie.
Pastry and baking requires a different skill set from working as chef de cuisine. An attention to detail, precision, patience and organisation are the traits required to be a successful Pastry Chef. This course has been designed to prepare you for the industry and is lead by our highly experienced Pastry Chef Tutors who will teach you the fundamental skills and techniques required to master this exciting craft.
Whilst our course incorporate the necessary theory required, we maximise the amount of practical training and the majority of your time will be spent in the kitchen.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Typical ambitions of those that take this course include:
- launching a career as a pastry chef;
- working in a Patisserie;
- launching a catering business;
- extending chef skills;
- personal development
- WHY CHOOSE US
- Expert tuition by experienced Pastry Chef tutors.
- Industry recognised Patisserie qualification.
- Small class-sizes.
- Good career prospects.
- Quality training experience.
Patisserie requires a mastery of technique combined with imagination. Our intensive professional skills courses will teach you the fundamentals skills required by the modern Pastry Chef.
Our Diploma in Professional Patisserie offers the full spectrum of training to give you the skills to work as Pastry Chef in a commercial kitchen, launch your own Patisserie business, or extend your culinary skills. Under the guidance of our expert Pastry Chef Tutors you will learn the fundamental techniques and disciplines of the modern Pastry Chef, graduating with the confidence and skills for future success.
You will be taught the relevant theory to understand the underlying science and technique, plus you will benefit from regular masterclass demonstrations. However this is an intensive, practical course and you will learn by doing with around 24 hours a week (in addition to theory) working in the kitchen perfecting your craft.
You will enjoy working in an enjoyable, modern learning environment with expert tutors with a wealth of experience who will inspire you to become the best chef you can be.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Baking Science
- Bread Baking
- Cake Making
- Custards /Sauces
- Meringues / Creams / Fillings / Glazes
- Classical Pastry
- Biscuit Making
- Petit Fours
- Souffle & Frozen Desserts
- Gelatine Set Desserts
- Gateaux and Petit Gateaux
- Plated Desserts
- Decorative Mediums
- Croissant, Brioche, Viennoisserie, Artisan breads.
- Puff Pastry, Choux Pastry, Sweet pastry, Shortcrust pastry.
- Genoise sponge, Scones, Sacher-torte.
- Panna Cotta, Créme Brulée, Chocolate Mousse.
- Caramel Sauce, Sauce Anglaise, Créme Patisserie
- Macaroons, Biscotti, Pate Sablé, Arnhem Biscuits
- Tarte au Citron, Tarte Bourdalone, Mille Feuille
- Chocolate Tempering, Chocolate Coppeaux
- Chocolate Truffles, Ganache, Pate de Fruits
- Iced Souffle, Gateaux, Fruit Compote, Praline
- Ice Creams, Sorbet, Granita
- French baguette, Stöllen, Cannelés, Rye Bread, Potato bread.
- Petit Gateaux: Hazelnut Dacquoise, Japanaise Milk Chocolate Geleé, Jaconde, Financiers, Paris-Brest
- Pink grapefruit and basil tarte
- Chocolate Assiette, Schezwan Pineapple, Apple Mille-feuille, Carpacico Pineapple, Basil Sorbet
- Sugar centre-piece, Chocolate moulding, Nougat Montelimar
- Madeleines, Tuile biscuits
- Caramel ice-cream, Lemon sorbet, Pink Grapefruit granita, Brandy Alexandra
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016