Diploma in Food Service Management
The Food Service Management intensive 2 years program (DEC) is designed for students with a flair for human interaction and a desire to work in an international milieu.
It trains professionals to manage a business in the food service or restaurant business. Throughout their training, students will develop and apply their entrepreneurial skills, while learning about the many facets of the industry.
Courses are taught by professionals in the field who convey necessary knowledge to students in areas such as: menu planning, patronage and sales prediction, general labour organization and enforcement of hygene, sanitary and health and safety rules and regulations in the workplace. This knowledge will provide graduates with the knowledge and skills to successfully enter the job market.
- Computer Applications
- Food Service Management and Organization
- Food and Beverage Service
- Hotel Management and Food Service Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Software Applications for Restaurants
- Supervision 1 – Food and Beverage Service
- Food Service Physical Resources Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Hotel Management and Food Service Law
- Wine and Beverages
- Purchasing and Distribution in the Food Service Industry
- Food Service Operations Control
- Second Language – Food Service
- Final Project – Hotel Management and Food Service
- Restaurant Supervision and Operation
- Food Service Health and Safety Management
- Restaurant Promotion
- 3 Physical Education courses
- 3 Humanities courses
- 4 Language and Literature courses
- 2 Second Language courses
- 2 Complementary courses
Have obtained a Vocational Studies Diploma (DEP) in Professional Cooking (F1038/A1538 or F5311/A5811) and completed the following courses :
- Language of Instruction from Secondary V
- Second Language from Secondary V
- Mathematics CST 4e (or Math 426)
Have obtained an equivalent education or an instruction deemed sufficient. Every case will be analysed by the college.
- This Program leads to a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) (Senior Matriculation).
- Holders of a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Food Service and Restaurant Management Techniques are qualified to pursue university studies.