The Diploma in Business Management provides comprehensive knowledge of relevant business topics in today’s dynamic global environment. Build a solid foundation in traditional business skills using group presentations, role-playing and debates. Through the incorporation of current business concepts and real-life examples, you will develop a worldly view of the corporate business environment. You will receive specialized training along with the interpersonal, organizational, computer, decision-making and practical skills needed to start a successful career in today’s fast-changing business world.
This program includes a practicum placement that will develop and strengthen your educational and career preparation. Your Career Services Coordinator works personally with you to ensure each placement is perfectly suited to you. You will learn how to apply your knowledge of strategic, project and financial management, fundamentals of marketing, business communication, leadership, coaching, negotiating, and human resources in the real world of business.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will graduate with a Diploma in Business Management from Ashton College and qualify for the American Management Association Diploma (AMA).
Graduates of this program can look forward to careers in a variety of business-related fields such as positions in administrative, finance, marketing and personnel departments.
General Admission Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a high school graduate or 19 years-old (or older) at the start of their program or course.
- Applicants may be required to provide valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants must meet Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s requirements for students studying in Canada.
- Applicants may also be required to demonstrate their English proficiency.
These requirements may vary slightly from program to program. Please check with your Program Adviser or the program webpage for requirements specific to your chosen program.
English Language Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must demonstrate English-language proficiency by providing proof of one of the following:
- A minimum grade of “C” in English 12; or
- A minimum grade of “C” in English Literature 12; or
- English language proficiency by one of the following means or equivalent tests:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 64 (Internet-based), 180 (computer-based) or 510 (paper-based), or
- Minimum IELTS Academic score of 5.5; or
- Minimum TOEIC score of 800; or
- ACCUPLACER score of 76-95
- Non-refundable application fee: $150.00
- Tuition: $7,200.00
- Non-refundable application fee: $200.00
- Tuition: $8,300.00