It is essential to have a basic knowledge of a wide range of mathematical techniques in order to use business data effectively.
This course introduces and builds on a range of mathematical concepts and techniques. Students will be able to develop their analytical skills in order to make informed business decisions based on a wide range of data sources. The course also develops a student’s ability to present data in a meaningful and systematic way.
Use a range of mathematical and statistical techniques and concepts
- Solve simple equations using the BODMAS rule
- Express numbers to a given number of significant figures
- Convert numbers into standard form
- Solve equations involving fractions
- Calculate percentages, ratios and proportions
- Solve equations containing brackets
- Solve equations containing numbers with powers
- Calculate simple and compound interest
- Solve linear equations
- Draw and calculate the equation of straight lines
- Solve simultaneous equations
- Solve quadratic equations
- Draw and recognise non-linear graphs
- Change the subject of an equation or formula
- Manipulate surds
Describe and summarise data
- Distinguish between different types of data
- Present data using a variety of charts and graphs
- Calculate and interpret the mean, mode, median, standard deviation and quartiles of a data set
Apply the laws of probability to a range of scenarios
- Calculate probability using a number of methods
- Distinguish between mutually exclusive and independent events
Use data for the purposes of forecasting
Understand and interpret time series graphs Calculate moving averages
Advance Your Expertise at ABMS
Connect with learners and leaders just like you in our online associate bachelor's programs. You will go as far as your mind will take you as a diploma or associate bachelor's student at ABMS.
The Swiss Diploma (Year 1) or Associate of Bachelor's of Business Administration signifies the first level of achievement in any academic discipline. In our executive bachelor's programs, you will:
- Develop and practice innovative research methods.
- Earn the highest quality of education.
- Achieve the expertise to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Become a successful researcher and professional.
Associate Bachelor's Diploma/ Swiss Diploma: 2 years/ 1 year
The Swiss diploma associate bachelor's diploma will take your leadership to the next level. In our associate bachelor's programs, you will:
- Lay the foundation for future for studies and professional achievement.
- Study and apply innovative research methods.
- Combine applied research and professional practice.
- Prepare to make an impact in policy and practice.
- Learn strategies to facilitate more effective, adaptable organizations and create positive change.
- Become a more innovative leader in your field.
Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Finance
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Principles of Marketing
- Communications for Business
- Essentials of Management
- Understanding Business Organisations
We have 4 intakes per year: January, April, July, and October
This study program is the 1st academic year of the Bachelor study program
Duration: 1 year
Diploma: Diploma in Business Mathematics
Age: Minimum age 17 years
Previous study: High school Diploma or equivalent
English level: IELTS or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English speaking school)
Study Method: Online
Fee: 5900 Euro for the first year (Diploma)
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: this program is equivalent to 60 ECTS
European Qualifications Framework: this program is equivalent to EQF Level 4
Note: Study fee does not include application and reservation fee (to guarantee you a study place) of 240 Euro (onetime payment and non-refundable).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 24, 2016