Diploma in Accounting
This course reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries. It contributes to, but does not encompass, educational requirements for providing tax agent services.
- Prerequisite: Certificate 4 in Accounting
- The Diploma in Accounting is a prerequisite for entry to the Advanced Diploma of Accounting, and therefore, students must successfully pass all modules/units in the Diploma of Accounting, before progressing onto the Advanced Diploma
- Academic IELTS 5.5orTOEFL (iBT) 46orCertificate 3 in Advanced English for Further Studyat TAFE NSW or equivalent
The primary pathway from this qualification is employment in accounting job roles with duties such as: introducing and maintaining accounting systems, maintaining internal control systems, preparing financial statements for a non-reporting entity, preparing tax returns, reporting on business performance, managing small teams, developing business plans, and preparing accounting reports for management.
Note:The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)has selected 3 authorities to complete qualifications assessments for the ANZSCO code occupations of Accountant (General), External Auditor, Management Accountant, Taxation Accountant, Finance Manager and Corporate Treasurer. These authorities are:
- Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia (CPA Australia)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
To meet the minimum educational standards for any of the above ANZSCO code occupations you must have your educational qualification assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree.
TAFE NSW can offer international students aDiploma-to-Degree university pathway in Accountingso you can graduate with an Australian Bachelor degree.
When you finish this course you can apply to study Accounting, Business or Commerce courses at university. You may be able to receive exemptions from some subjects based on your Diploma.
Students who complete this course can apply to enrol into the Advanced Diploma of Accounting and gain credits for units completed in this course.
Course Code: 11362
CRICOS Code: 073236J
Last updated April 8, 2016