LIMITED NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR UPTO $3000 ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. APPLY TODAY.
Love to draw, paint, and create original art? Our brand new 2D Animation program in Kelowna – 2D Animation & Digital Art - provides 12 months of hands on training, perfect for anyone interested in turning their passion for art and illustration into an exciting career in animation. 2D Animation professionals are in high demand across the entertainment industry, especially with the massive popularity of mobile gaming, much of which is entirely based on 2D animation.
2D ANIMATION TRAINING COLLEGE KELOWNA
Our Kelowna 2D Animation & Digital Art program gives you the opportunity to build real world studio skills – from operation methods, to production pipelines – under the guidance of our highly experienced industry professional instructors.
2D Animation program highlights include:
- Core courses to give you a strong foundation in digital art and animation such as Life Drawing and Drawing for Animation.
- Specialized courses to cover the more advanced aspects of 2D Animation, such as Life Drawing with Acting, Animation Production and Sound, and Interface Design for Games.
- A strong focus on helping you develop as a visual artist, while teaching you the technical skills needed to become a full time animator.
UPON COMPLETION OF OUR 2D ANIMATION PROGRAM, YOU WILL GRADUATE WITH:
- A professional diploma in 2D Animation & Digital Art.
- A polished portfolio and demo reel.
- The career strategy and networking skills to help you land your first job in animation.
The 2D Animation & Digital Art program gives you the skills needed to launch your career in the animation industry. Careers in 2D Animation include:
- 2D Animator
- Concept/Storyboard Artist
- Storyboard Clean-up Artist
- Character Clean-up Artist
- Digital Animation Assistant
- Interface Designer
- Layout Artist
- Production Assistant
- Background Artist
- Level Designer
PROGRAM START DATES
There are four starts within the calendar year: January, April, July, and October. Many of our programs have multiple starts, however, not all campuses offer all four starts and not all programs are offered during each start. For the most up-to-date information, contact a Program Advisor.
Although the Centre encourages applicants to submit applications a minimum of six weeks prior to program commencement, with permission, late applications may still be allowed. All applications received less than six weeks prior to program start require the seat reservation deposit paid in full as well as all other admissions requirements to be completed at the time of the application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 9, 2015