Program Description - Creating New Market Opportunities
Markets in high technology contexts are highly dynamic in ways more than just the evolution of the underlying technologies. Business managers in such situations need to understand the various drivers of such changes and their manifest impact on the profit potential of current and alternative strategies.
This course will provide participants with useful frameworks for understanding the dynamics in their markets. It provides tools for participants to use in developing a path toward profitability that is synchronous with changes in the market.
The course is positioned as a foundation for designing market-based strategy in turbulent environments and is targeted for business unit managers (i.e. those dealing with singular or few product-markets).
- Structural changes (competitors, customer segments, complementors, etc.) in the market and identify opportunities for new ways to differentiate.
- Assess markets from the perspective of “fits”: company-market, company-product, and market-product.
- Market entry-timing, market diffusion rates and estimating the cost of delay in market entry.
- Product and brand management in turbulent environments
- Pricing management with a view to generate customer and firm value - focus on building customer relationships with a long term focus
- Optimal channel management in turbulent environments
- Financial implications of marketing strategy
- Understand the key drivers of market dynamics and principles for identifying new market opportunities
- Develop skills necessary to evaluate the fit of the marketing program to firms' business strategy and the changing environment
- Identify key marketing strategy ideas including product management, pricing, and distribution for today's competitive environments
- The return on investment on a firm's marketing strategy
Continuing Education Units
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
This school offers programs in: