Course - Sustainable Architecture
Umeå University welcomes qualified students from Brazil as part of the Science without Borders (Ciência sem Fronteiras) programme.
Science without Borders is a Brazilian Government scholarship programme which aims to send 100,000 Brazilians in overseas higher education institutions over the next four years to study in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and creative industries at universities across the world.
During the 2013 and 2014, higher education institutions in Sweden will welcome a total of over 2,000 Brazilian students.Seats will beavailable at the undergraduate and postgraduate (master) level.
This course package explore sustainable architecture in a holistic way including cultural, social and economic sustainability. We investigate and design urban environments and contextual building structures.
Architectural space and the reprogramming of existing buildings and environments in terms of density, use, texture and spatial qualities are the main focuses of investigations. The development of new constructions in cooperation with industry and the development of innovative strategies of sustainability are important part of the educational program and supplement a theoretical basis.
The study language is English.
Given the fact that architecture is an international discipline the career as an architect is borderless. There is a need for knowledgde about sustainable architectural strategies in various places in the world. As an architect educated at UMA you will have skills to work with organizations, local companies and industries in various cultures.
This will be in terms of:
- scientific skills to be capable to make analysis of the need and develop the program for solutions.
- theoretical skills to establish critical analysis and develop coherent sustainable concepts for the design projects needed.
- artistic and innovative skills to be capable to make architectural design to support or generate strategies and solutions.
- communicative competences (graphic, digital, oral and writing) to be able to develop dialogues with users, contractors, organizations, specialists etc.
Application is made in two steps:
1. Through the national online application service
2. Portfolio sent to Umeå School of Architecture. More information about application and portfolio can be found at www.arch.umu.se.
English: IELTS/TOEFL 6,5/90
The tuition fee for the course package, 60 ECTS, is:
SEK 175 000
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2015