Interior Design Intensive
The course is aimed at students who are interested in interior design and who want to understand technical and constructional aspects of interior spaces, the methodologies of elaborating the concept of a project and its appropriate representation. The approach is creative, artistic and intuitive; it is not only technical. The fundamentals of the course are aimed at providing knowledge of various interior styles, the study of solutions in furnishing, the materials used and the various possibilities in fabrics; patterns, colors and shades. In the first part of the course the necessary basics will be introduced for the understanding and definition of the style of an interior design project. Project analysis of internal spaces will run parallel with the study of technical layout and graphic design. The programme favours an approach to the design concept of a project for the interior space in a private dwelling and the analysis of a fashion brand in the context of fashion and luxury.
After having acquired the basic skills, the participants will move on to study projects in commercial retail space, or leisure spaces (such as restaurants, bars and clubs) to apply the “concept” of a luxury brand. Particular attention will be made to an analysis of the various typologies in the representation of projects. During the course, a variety of seminars and lectures are foreseen, aimed at broadening knowledge presented by professionals (such as managers) in the sector.
The course will prepare students to join one of the specialist master’s in interiors. These programmes are for those who seek careers in design and planning of interior spaces and retail spaces such as Flagship Stores, Showrooms, exhibition spaces. They interpret the public spaces of Hotels, restaurants and of SPAs with a technical design approach, capturing the client’s vision of the space, with proposals that are in line with contemporary trends. Planning an interior space means creating a story of styles, moods, color and light; one of research and analysis reflecting change in contemporary lifestyle living. The course is a precursor to attend a Master in the field of Interior Design where the student will be able to design and organize internal spaces in a variety of environments with specific skills in design, a strong aesthetic sense, able to deliver contemporary and forward thinking solutions.
Languages: English, Itailan
On completion of the course in Intensive Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- manage a sketchbook of research aimed at developing a project, import the necessary images for the presentation of a moodboard, color charts, paper materials, project layout;
- describe an interior design project through technical drawing in Autocad and sketch freehand perspectives of the design proposal;
- interpret in concept boards the trend, mood and technical aspects of contemporary project work for residential spaces;
- develop an interior design project, translating the DNA of a chosen brand into the retail outlet with innovative furnishings through appropriate design methodologies;
- propose the mood and architectonic solutions for a selected public space, faithful to planning restrictions.
- visual language
- design cultures and research
- emotional design
- definition of lifestyles
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016