The course in fashion image, styling & communication deals with the study of research methodologies in style. Starting from the evolution of fashion in historical and modern eras, the analysis of the development of photography and fabrics will inform creative research aimed at developing personal projects. The student will study the publishing world and trade, the development of brand catalogues and editorials for fashion journalism. The promotional channel of products and their place and exemplars in new media, will complete the study.
The expert in fashion image, styling & communication is a consultant who deals with fashion companies, shops and private clients. They research trends and can answer the needs of a specific target audience through a strategic ability to highlight the image of a brand or person. Their passion and in-depth knowledge of the industry allow them to work as a personal shopper, stylist and clothing designer, but also as a contributor to various press offices in the sector.
The expert in fashion image, styling & communication trained at the Marangoni school of fashion and design will be able to work in various sectors. Their studies will deepen the various avenues that surround fashion, allowing for the candidate to work in fashion publishing either in printed magazines or online or in the style and design offices of the main fashion houses.
- carry out research and analyse the styles of the 20th century and reinterpret them in a contemporary manner;
- take ownership of the practical knowledge of specific research methods aimed at the development of an aesthetic concept tied to modernity;
- develop a professional layout book with evident technical style, and evaluate the emerging content;
- plan, organize and structure and image brief;
- add an individual interpretation of fashion creativity, through observation, analysis, reflection and conceptual development;
- formulate a proposal for the visual and promotional identity of a brand;
- demonstrate ability and confidence in the realization of a completed graphic product;
- plan and propose a promotional work for themselves or for a client, using the images and instruments of graphic design;
- assemble, on a professional level, a layout book, with a technical style that gives value to and develops a theme;
- judge and evaluate the needs of an observer/client, referencing the proposition of the fashion market;
- demonstrate organizational and logistic abilites in dealing with the management of a work set;
- analysis and research
- personal identity of a brand
- style development
- research methods and portfolio styling
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016