Thanks to the intensive one-year course in fashion design, the candidate will be able to design fashion/fabrics/accessories collections by melding research, creativity and marketing. Starting from design techniques, the analysis of fabrics and clothing manufacture will also be addressed, as well as production. In the end, analyses of trends will allow for the creation of a collection, which will be the fruit of a personal language, enabling the response by the designer to requests, placed upon them by the brand and market needs.
The fashion designer is the most influential figure in the panorama of fashion. They are the source of inspiration for creative ideas and new trends and develop, thanks to a continual informed analysis of materials and fabrics in connection with art and fashion. The designer understands time management, costs and budgets in related to the manufacture.They understand the history of fashion and market needs to design garments that are able to satisfy and anticipate the expectations of a determined target. They work with fabrics and accessories as well as clothing.
The course in fashion design trains experts who anticipate trends. The fashion designer can work for private agencies, in collaboration with different companies, design studios, consulting agencies or researchers. They will be able to design collections for women, men and children as well as clothing lines that are dedicated to accessories, eyewear and swimwear, always with a handle on new evolutions in fashion. They can also carry out teaching in the sector.
- develop a variety of techniques and processes to communicate fashion ideas in a professional manner;
- master the applications of the design process necessary during the development of a fashion collection;
- understand well the sartorial techniques of cutting a sewing garments;
- distinguish and evaluate fabrics, fibres and their composition associated with their performance in fashion products;
- successfully carry out, in an independent manner, a substantial research;
- demonstrate the ability to know how to design an development an entire collection
- fashion illustration and the design of a collection
- analysis of cut and construction
- design and communication
- collection and brand analysis
- design vision
- personal research and final collection
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016