Course - Project Management & Communication
(To be opened in Sep. 2015)
Today's new horizontal organizational Business 2.0 environments call for new creation and management strategies. Teams are multidisciplinary and speak different languages. Projects are complex and draw on a range of different fields: Design, Technology, Usability, Scripts, etc. Development periods are frantic, with tight delivery deadlines. Moreover, the development of ICT and Multimedia applications has become democratized thanks to the possibility of small teams of highly talented people publishing their products thanks to online platforms for peripherals such as smart phones and tablets. And all this, in the latter case, with practically no need for intermediaries.
The means at our disposal allowing for the promotion of our personal brand, as well as that of our product, are almost infinite. The Web and the social networks on it make it possible for us to promote our creations in just seconds and, thanks to our capabilities, to do this with almost professional results. One learns by playing and "problems" are solved when they are approached as challenges. "Work" is in the eye of the beholder. And this interesting asset should be assigned and handled with the great importance it merits, as it directly affects people's motivation.
For all these reasons the Project Management and Communications module will deal with the management of ICT and Multimedia developments in the depth they deserve given their importance and complexity, from the point of view of the most thorough project management, the most responsive methodologies that allow work teams to adapt to clients, developing valuable solutions in short time frames, as well as via Marketing 2.0, which points us towards this new global and exciting world.
1. The digital entertainment industry.
- New formulas.
2. Project management techniques and methodologies.
- Life Cycle.
- Planning and replanning.
- Tools available.
- Monitoring and control of work completion.
- Analysis and evaluation.
- The director and manager as figures.
- The Generation of Value.
3. Responsive management methodologies.
- What is SCRUM?
- Time boxes.
- Roles. Product owner, Scrum master, Team.
- Sprint planning. Product backlog.
- Sprint meetings. Sprint backlog.
- Burndown charts.
- Sprint demonstration.
4. Marketing and Communications applied to emerging technologies; social media, personal branding, gamification.
5. Entrepreneurship Processes. "Lean Startup" and customer acquisition orientation.
PricesManagement in audiovisual comunication projects :
- European : 950 €
- European scolarship : 700€
- No european : 1600€
- N. European scholarship : 960€
- Student : UDG 760 €
- For one to provide his team with his own knowledge and capacities while seeking opportunities to make valuable contributions.
- Learning to work on multidisciplinary teams, establishing those relationships most capable of fostering and successfully sustaining potential collaborative efforts.
- Managing and leading projects and using responsive and flexible methodologies in the fields of Engineering and Visual Communications.
- Properly applying Marketing 2.0, personal branding and innovative communications to emerging technologies.
- Learning to develop corporate innovation and communications policies in the field of corporate identity and new "Advergaming" advertising models.
- Knowing how to use administrative, legislative and commercial strategies to obtain financial resources and achieve project development.
- Knowing how to transform a business idea into a reality by analysing its feasibility.
- Selecting and using the information technologies most appropriate for each situation in both the personal and professional spheres.
- Developing a capacity for analysis, synthesis and critical judgment; identifying and explaining cause and context.
- Analysing the sociocultural characteristics of one's own field and personal circumstances in order to take them into account in a constructive way.
- Evaluating the ethical aspects of professional situations and of the ethical and social consequences of one's own decisions.
- Integrating new knowledge and connecting apparently unrelated ideas, even when they come from fields different from one's background.
- Lecture and participatory classes (1.5 ECTS).
- Analysis and case studies (0.5 ECTS).
- Practical classes and the writing of reports (3 ECTS).
- Searching for information, teamwork and the presentation of papers (1.5 ECTS).
- The completion of exercises and simulations (1 ECTS).
- Attendance at seminars (0.5 ECTS).
Tutoring and evaluation criteria
Two mini projects will be completed during the first semester, overseen by the module's tutors/ teachers. These will focus on the acquisition of both "hard skills" and "soft skills," as previously cited in this document.
There will be a project which is actually applied throughout the second semester, under the tutelage of teachers from the first.
This school offers programs in: