Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
The PGDipHRM is a specialist post-experience qualification. It develops current and prospective professionals within Human Resource Management (HRM) and Industrial Relations (IR). It aims for HR practitioners to be good strategic operators rather than process managers.
Who is this programme for?
The PGDipHRM is suitable for those currently employed or seeking to enter employment within HR departments, trade unions and management consultancies. Previous participants have come from a diverse range of private, public sector and voluntary organizations.
What will I get from this programme?
- A specialist post-experience qualification in human resource management from one of New Zealand’s leading management schools.
- Research-led education from leading academics.
- A solid foundation and in-depth knowledge of the strategic and operational aspects of managing employment relationships.
- An understanding of the theory and practical application behind HRM and IR.
- Interaction with other participants on the practical employment dilemmas and challenges facing organizations.
How do I apply for entry?
Please fill out the application form and forward with your CV to the Post Experience Administrator. After initial screening, an interview may be scheduled. Interviews are usually between September and February.
The Postgraduate Diploma consists of eight courses (120 points) taken over an 18 month period or four trimesters.
A candidate for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration, the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing shall, before enrolment, have:
- Completed a degree or a postgraduate diploma from a New Zealand university, or the CertMS;
- Had at least three years of practical experience in management or administration at a level acceptable to the Programme Director; and
- Been accepted by the Programme Director as capable of proceeding with the proposed course of study.
- To gain entry into the Postgraduate Diplomas through meeting the requirements of the Certificate in Management Studies (CertMS), you must gain a B+ average or better over all courses.
Courses taken for the CertMS will be credited towards the Postgraduate Diplomas as follows:
- CMSP 801 = MMBA 508
- CMSP 802 = MMBA 505
- CMSP 803 = MMBA 518
- CMSP 805 = MMBA 519
Note that you will be required to abandon the CertMS as a condition of being awarded a Postgraduate Diploma.
Application Dates & Process
Please fill out the application form and forward with your CV to the Post Experience Administrator. After initial screening an interview may be scheduled. Interviews are normally between September and February.
The PGDipHRM is a programme of part time study, generally evening classes. Thus, it is most unlikely that international students will be able to procure a study visa or student support for this programme.