Course: Jewellery Design
Are you fascinated by the construction and composition of jewellery? Do you enjoy working with your hands and have an artistic edge? If so, our Jewellery Design Program will take your talent to the next level! Explore the art of metalworking and beading—one of the world’s most ancient art forms. Using concepts in jewellery design, students learn freehand drawing techniques to produce sketches and illustrations which are further enhanced with acquired skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Jewellery presentation and display techniques also give students an entrepreneurial edge. From producing to marketing a jewellery collection, students build a portfolio to illustrate their skills, talents and achievements so they may enter the job market with confidence.
- Develop the ability to transform jewellery concepts into jewellery pieces;
- Translate jewellery concepts into sketches and illustrations using freehand drawing techniques;
- Develop skills to design and construct fashion jewellery creations;
- Learn about the various materials available to create jewellery pieces;
- Learn the history of jewellery design and how culture influences fashion jewellery trends;
- Produce a collection of jewellery;
- Acquire skills to produce, manage, market, promote and present jewellery designs.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Artistically driven and talented;
- Enjoying working with your hands;
- Passionate about fashion and trends;
- Passion for hands-on work and the creative process.
To be considered for admission to a program leading to a diploma, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be 19 years of age or High School graduate;
- Working knowledge of the English language;
- Have an Interview with an Admissions Representative.
As a graduate, you could find work as a Jewellery Designer, Costume Design Accessory Consultant for theatre, film and television, Jewellery Manufacturer or as a Display Designer.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge with no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). 20 hours per week. Total of 900 hours.
- Adobe Creative Suite
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the semester and then help find the best deals.
This school offers programs in: