Full Time English Language for International Students (16 years and above)
The Full Time English Language Programme has been offered at Kingston College for the past ten years and is designed to provide students with the necessary level of English to progress to their chosen course of academic study or career. The English language content of our course is accredited by the British Council.
There are many reasons students choose to study Full Time English at Kingston College:
- We have an excellent record of progression - most students completing the Full Time English course go on to college, undergraduate or post-graduate studies
- Our teachers are experienced and well qualified
- The English Language component of the courses is accredited by the British Council
- Learning is active and interesting, we emphasise the development of communication skills with a special focus on accuracy in speech and writing
- Our International Office is available to help you from when you apply until when you complete your course
- Kingston is one of the most pleasant areas of London, you can relax at a riverside cafe, visit Hampton Court or go for a walk in one of the many surrounding parks
- Central London, with all its attractions, is only 20 minutes away by train
- Kingston College is a UKBA Highly Trusted Sponsor
Kingston College is in the top 10% of British Council-accredited English Language teaching centres in the UK, based on points of excellence in Teaching, Teachers’ Qualifications, Academic Management and Self-Access Facilities.
We provide a placement test to ensure students are placed in the correct level class
All our classes are classroom based, all the teaching is through qualified teachers and not through Distance Learning (CBT - computer based teaching).
The student may choose from the following options:
Full Time General English
This course is for people who want to improve their level of General English. The emphasis is on developing their level of General English. The emphasis is on developing the skills needed in an English-speaking environment, focussing on practical reading, writing, speaking and listening. In addition, students cover the following topics; British Culture; Exam Preparation; Project Work; Media and Literature; Writing Skills and Pronounciation/Conversation.
Full Time Intensive English (New!)
Full time General English or full time English with Academic English PLUS two hours per week of small group (maximum 4 people) tuition with our expert tutors. The programme is designed around your neeeds and is especially good for those wishing to make extra rapid progress.
Full Time English with Art and Design
Students combine the study of General English with 5 hours per week in the School of Art and Design. The course focuses on building portfolios for entry to art based courses; many students successfully completing this course go on to study the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Kingston College. Having completed the Foundation Diploma, students can progress to some of the best degree courses in Art and Design in the UK
Full Time English with Academic Studies/Business English
The purpose of this course is to develop English for business contexts. Students work on business communication skills in spoken and written English. Business related vocabulary is a key focus and case studies are used to consolidate students’ understanding of the global business environment.
Summer Language School
English Language 14 hours per week course (not for students requiring a visa)
Students must be 16 or over.
Students cannot be complete beginners but must have taken english at school or other english classes.
Students are required to take a test to assess their level at the start of their course.
All students are requested to provide their passport or official identification.
Any student can apply for this course if they need to learn English or improve their English quickly.
Overseas (International) students who need a Tier 4 Student Visa must have an English Language level of CEFR B1 or above and must be able to provide one of the following certificates:
- IELTS 4.0 (all modules minimum 4.0)
- PTE 36 (all modules minimum 36)
- Trinity ISE (all modules 'Pass')
- Cambridge ESOL - Preliminary English Test (all modules minimum 'borderline')
Students not requiring the above certificates:
- Students applying for a Student Visitor Visa or Extended Student Visitor Visa (Visas for less than 11 months)
- Student from European Economic Area countries, Switzerland or British Overseas Territories
- Government sponsored students
Duration, Delivery and Fees
Full time courses are offered with flexible starting dates, so the student can choose the start date and courses duration that suits them. The student must be available to attend class between the following times. The student will be given their individual timetable at enrolment. Maximum class size is 16 students . Timetable
- Monday 9.30 - 2.00 ½ hour break for lunch
- Tuesday 9.30 - 2.00 ½ hour break for lunch
- Wednesday 9.30 - 2.00 ½ hour break for lunch
- Thursday 9.30 - 2.00 ½ hour break for lunch
- Friday 9.30 - 2.00 ½ hour break for lunch
Please use the guide below to estimate your fees as a guide: courses cost £200 GBP per week. Fees are reduced if the student studies over a longer period.
There is a Summer School course available which students can take to study between 14 July and 22 August 2014 (15 hours per week). This can be taken as part of the Full Time English Language Programme for students who need to study over the summer months for visa purposes or for students who do not need a visa to study in the UK.
Academic year September 2014/15
8 September 2014 - 12 December 2014
- There is a half term holiday break 27-30 October 2014
- Christmas Holiday break 15 December 2014 - 2 January 2015
5 January 2015 - 27 March 2015
- There is a half term holiday break 16-20 February 2015
- Easter Holiday break 30 March 2015 - 7 April 2015
13 April 2015 - 10 July 2015
- There is a half term holiday break 25-29 May 2015
Please use the guide below to estimate your fees as a guide: courses cost £225 GBP per week. Fees are reduced if the student studies over a longer period.
- 4 Weeks - 80 hours (One month); £900 (Tuition Fee); £900 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 6 Weeks - 120 hours; £1350 (Tuition Fee); £1350 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 12 weeks - 240 hours (1 term) - 3 months; £2600 (Tuition Fee); £2600 - minimum time recommended to advance one band in IELTS (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 18 weeks - 360 hours; £3600 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 24 weeks - 480 hours (2 terms) - 6 months; £4800 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 30 weeks - 600 hours; £5700 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 35 weeks - 700 hours (3 terms) - 9 months; £6500 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
- 35 weeks - 770 hours (3 terms) - 9 months (intensive*); £10500 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit Required: Advanced payment)
*Intensive Course 20 hours class tuition per week plus 2 hours in a small group with a tutor
Students can expect to improve by 0.5 on the IELTS scale for every term of full time study. Students completing our English language programmes may progress to Kingston College or University courses. Most students work towards improving their scores for a SELT (Secure English Language Test e.g. IELTS - International English Language Test, PTE - Pearsons Test of English). Students can continue on to another year of full time english if required.
This school offers programs in: