“Becoming connoisseurs and experts in fine arts by direct teaching, discovery learning and assessment, requires insights into the nature of the art market, the functioning of the brain, and art history.”
This postgraduate program is based on the most recent discoveries in neuroscience, material analysis, art history, law systems, sociology and economics of the art market.
Critical visual cognitive-perception is the base of expertise and enlightened connoisseurship. Quality perception and visual awareness are reachable only through practice and evaluation, in front of the works of art, with the best mentors in the field.
- Art History
- Neuroscience and connoisseurship
- Laboratory techniques of material analysis and authentification
- Legal aspects of authentification and evaluation in different law systems, jurisprudence, intellectu
- Sociology and psychology of the art market, marketing and trend analysis
- Techniques of expertise: market, legal, museum, evaluation
- Economics of the art market. Communication and media in a globalized art market
More details about the programme's curriculum can be found here
Priority will be given to specialists active in the world of art, graduates or holders of a higher education diploma (Bachelor/master or equivalent/equal).
Additionally, in order to be admitted, you need to be proficient in English.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply you have to send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 22, 2015