Chinese Language Program
University of Science and Technology Beijing has been opened the international students’ Chinese language education since 1980’s. The Chinese language center offers non-native speakers of Chinese a unique program in which they can learn not only the Chinese language, but also Chinese unique customs and culture. The program offers a wide range of courses levels and subjects which is easy for the international student to find a program fits their needs. It is important for students to attain the high level of Chinese proficiency required for research and academic activities in the future.
This program consists of the short-term program lasting four weeks and the long-term lasting up to three years.
Length of Study and Fees
1. The long-term Chinese language training program varies from one semester up to three years.
Courses begin on September and March.
• Tuition: 8,320 Yuan/Semester, 16,640 Yuan/Year.
• Registration: 415 Yuan/Semester
• Insurance Premium: 300 Yuan/Half year, 600 Yuan/Year.
• Accommodation: Two students share a standard room, 50 Yuan/Day/Person.
Remark: Tuition fees will not be returned if the student leaves the school before completing the course and will not be reduced if the student is late for the course.
2. The short-term Chinese language training program for 4 weeks.
Courses begin upon arrangements.
Remark: Courses are flexible, tentative to be on period of March to April and July to October.
Four weeks program:
• Tuition: 4,300 Yuan
• Registration: 250 Yuan
• Visiting fees: 1,000 Yuan (Including rental car, entrance tickets and labor)
• Insurance Premium: 200 Yuan
• Accommodation: Two students share a standard room, 60 Yuan/Day/Person.
The short-term Chinese language training course illustrates:
1. Studying hours: 4 weeks (Monday to Friday: Total 104 hours)
2. Course detail:Chinese for conversation (emphasize speaking and listening)
3. Activities detail:
- Welcome banquet.
- Visiting, tourism and activities such as Gugong (the Imperial Palace), Chinese Historical street; South Gong and Drum Lane (Nanluogu Xiang), Tiantan (The Temple of Heaven), National Museum, Changcheng (the Great War), Art Museum 798 gallery, Chinese cultural experience; Chinese Tea, TaiJiQuan practice (Calisthenics) and Calligraphy.
4. Program arrangement
- Chinese language classes: every Monday to Friday 8.00 – 11.45 AM.
- Chinese cultural classes: every Monday to Friday 15.00 – 16.45 PM. (Studying 1.45 hour for TaiJiQuan practice and Calligraphy, which is visiting and tourism activities may take more time from schedule upon arrangement)
Remark: Schedule may adjust according to circumstances. It will notify in advance.
International Student’s Dormitory:
Single room 120 Yuan/person/day, Double room 60 Yuan/person/day (Private Bathroom, Air-conditioning, TV, Telephone, hot water 24 hour)
- Internet: 80 Yuan/month
- Laundry: 30 Yuan/10 Times (card)
- Transportation costs: Bus 0.4 Yuan, Subway 2 Yuan, Taxi start at 12 Yuan.
Student’s Canteen; 20 Yuan/day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Hospitality Restaurant; 50 Yuan/day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)