Certificate of Advanced Studies in "Doing Business in Asia"
Considering to do business in China and/or India? Then...
- Get an understanding on how the Chinese economy (the 2nd in the world!) works…
- Get an understanding on how India (the 2nd largest population in the world) is growing...
- Get ready to do business with China and/or India
- Benefit of seminars from a top institution: University of Peking, + company visits in Beijing & Shanghai
- Benefit of seminars from a top Indian Institute of Management, + company visits in Bangalore & Mumbai
To get a solid knowledge of key aspects of doing business in China and in India
Professionals with more than 5 years experience and a University degree, considering doing business in/with China and/or in India. (They will join the participants of the MoT Executive MBA in China and possibly in India.)
Chinese and Business Environment (June 14-29, 2014)
Setting up a Successful Business in China (June 14-29, 2014)
Doing Business in India (November 16 - 23, 2014)
The EPFL Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in "Doing Business in Asia" is obtained when the 3 modules, corresponding to a total of 10 credits, are successfully completed.
The two modules in China (6 credits) and India (4 credits) can also be followed separately. At the end of each module, there is an evaluation assessing the knowledge acquisition.
The modules in China are mandatory for MoT EMBA participants. The one in India is an additional paying option, beyond the regular MoT EMBA program.
In China, the activities, seminars, company visits, etc. take place from Sunday June 15 to Saturday June 28, 2014 (Arrival in Beijing no later than Saturday June 14, departure from Shanghai on June 29)
In India, the activities, seminars, company visits, etc. take place from Sunday November 16 (arrival in Bangalore) to Saturday November 23, 2014 (departure from Mumbai to Europe).
The participants are responsible for their arrival and departure flights to/from mainland China (~CHF 1'000), and to/from India for those who take this other option (~CHF 900)
In Beijing, Shanghai, Bangalore and Mumbai, the hotel rooms will be booked by the organizers, but paid by the participants. The hotels used in 2013 were:
Beijing: ARIVA Hotel (RMB 580/night with breakfast) - [100 RMB ≈13 CHF]
Shanghai: Hua Ting Hotel & Tower (RMB 600/night with breakfast)
Bangalore: at IIMB Campus (INR 3000/night with breakfast) - [100 INR ≈1.9 CHF]
Mumbai: Hotel Trident, Nariman Point (INR 6'500/night with breakfast)
- CHF 5'000.- including University seminars, course materials and company visits in China
- CHF 3'000.- including University seminars, course materials and company visits in India
- CHF 7'500.- including University seminars, course materials, company visits in both China & India
A Master/Bachelor with 5/7 years of professional experience is required.
Deadline for Application is March 31, 2014 for China, July 31 for India. Limited number of places, first come first served.