The Sales and Marketing Certificate is offered in partnership with the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) and is designed to enrich student’s knowledge and skills in core areas of business, preparing them for career advancement or entry into the field. Students of the Sales and Marketing Certificate will learn essential business concepts such as: marketing planning, strategy, management, business law, sales fundamentals, communication, information technology and finance, and apply them in practical business situations.
Our curriculum includes courses from the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) knowledge base for certification, and incorporates current business concepts and real-life examples to illustrate a worldly view of the corporate sales and marketing environment.
Upon successful completion of the program, students qualify for the Ashton Certificate in Sales & Marketing.
Graduates of the Sales and Marketing Certificate can pursue a career in a variety of areas, from private industries to government and nonprofit organizations.
Graduates can work as advertising coordinators, market researchers, retail trade supervisors, department store supervisors, head cashiers, produce department supervisors, rental service supervisors, retail sales, and telemarketing supervisors.
General Admission Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a high school graduate or 19 years-old (or older) at the start of their program or course.
- Applicants may be required to provide valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants must meet Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s requirements for students studying in Canada.
- Applicants may also be required to demonstrate their English proficiency.
These requirements may vary slightly from program to program. Please check with your Program Adviser or the program webpage for requirements specific to your chosen program.
English Language Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must demonstrate English-language proficiency by providing proof of one of the following:
- A minimum grade of “C” in English 12; or
- A minimum grade of “C” in English Literature 12; or
- English language proficiency by one of the following means or equivalent tests:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 64 (Internet-based), 180 (computer-based) or 510 (paper-based), or
- Minimum IELTS Academic score of 5.5; or
- Minimum TOEIC score of 800; or
- ACCUPLACER score of 76-95