The Certificate in Professional Cookery is an accredited 4-week chef foundation program designed to teach amateur cooks the skills required to cook to a professional standard. At the end of the course you will have the skills to start your career as a junior chef in a professional kitchen, launch your own catering enterprise, or simply enjoy the life skills of an accomplished cook.
Over 4 weeks, this structured course will give you expert training from our experienced chef tutors in modern cookery techniques. This course incorporates a Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills QCF qualification accredited by the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality.
This course offers over 30 hours of practical cookery a week to teach you to the core skills required to cook to a professional standard, whether in a restaurant kitchen, a cafe, a ski chalet or as part of a catering business.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Typical ambitions of those that take this course include:
- launching a career as a professional chef;
- launching a catering business;
- opening a cafe or bistro;
- working as a cook/host in ski chalets or on boats.
- life skills and personal development.
Certificates & Qualifications
- Ashburton Chefs Academy Certificate in Professional Cookery
- CTH Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Food safety & hygiene
- Professional kitchen practices
- Knife skills
- Vegetable preparation
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare meat, poultry & fish
- Pastry, cakes, biscuits & breads
- Farinaceous dishes
- Desserts & Patisserie
- Vegetarian dishes
- Modern Cooking Techniques
- Plating & Presentation Skills
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016