Do you want to get involved in the Lebanese and international political and diplomatic life?
The Higher Institute of Political and Administrative Sciences (ISSPA) and CECAL will meet your expectations:
- several targeted courses designed to train future political leaders and diplomats
- a 15-week online course delivered in English
- programs regularly updated to meet the needs of the labor market
- open to the undergraduate and graduate students
The Online Course on Geopolitics of Lebanon and the Middle East gives you the ability to:
- Continue to build your career on the right foot
- Boost your career and academic experience by incorporating new techniques in a perpetually regenerating field
- Study and work at the same time
- Develop your skills in negotiation, decision-making and consulting
- Expand your knowledge on the Middle East.
This distance learning course aims to promote the acquisition of sufficient knowledge to adequately understand the geopolitical dynamics that affect Lebanon in particular, and the Middle East in general.
This online course is for students, teachers, members of the diplomatic corps, members of the security and defense, and all those interested in learning more about the geopolitical dynamics that occur in the Middle East and the influential changes that are taking place not only in the east and south of the Mediterranean, but also in the Gulf region. It will start with an overview of the modern history of Lebanon and its link with South America. We will ll know how and why Lebanon has become a crucial part in the confrontation between the Arabs, the U.S. and European countries.
Objectives and outcomes
At the end of this course, students will acquire:
- Knowledge of the various definitions of Geostrategic and Geopolitics and their implications in the field of International Relations.
- An understanding of the linkages among International Relations, Political Science, National Security policies, History, Political and Economic Geography, Geopolitics and Geostrategic.
- Familiarity with theories of the state as a geographical and political unit, such as Geopolitics. Knowledge of Geostrategic/Geopolitical theories of land (Mackinder), sea (Mahan), air (de Seversky), etc. and their contemporary applications; in addition to emerging geostrategic theories involving the globalization of issue areas such as democratization, environment, and international political economy.
- An understanding of the elements and nature of power, power analysis, and power projection in the world of politics, to include not only the traditional nation-state as actor, but also contemporary non-state phenomena such as multinational corporations and the environment as geostrategic factors.
- An understanding of the geopolitical dynamics registered in the Middle East region and the geopolitical behavior of the regional and external potencies and great powers.
- Awareness of the geostrategic implications related to contemporary international relations issues (outer space, globalization, international terrorism, etc.).
- Capability of reading, understanding, and analyzing articles of varying complexity on Geopolitical topics.
How much time to complete the online course?
The course will have a value of 3 academic credits and will last 15 weeks, 45 hours.
A certificate will be jointly delivered by ISSPA and CECAL to students who successfully complete the course.
This training opens up the possibility of pursuing a career in international business, in international and regional organizations such as the United Nations, the Arab League, Non-Governmental Organizations, embassies, etc.
Other areas will be as accessible as political communication and the media, political parties, administrative assistance and education.
You can study and work at the same time, or follow a dual curriculum.
To be admitted to the USEK online course, the candidate must be at least 21 years. The course is basically open to students who come from the field of social sciences (Political Science, Law, International Relations, Sociology, History, Philosophy, etc.); professional candidates who can demonstrate the validity and usefulness of the course will also be accepted for the proper performance of their job function.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 28, 2016