Take your Business English communication skills to the next level and develop a high proficiency in the English language. Ashton College’s Certificate in Business English Communication offers intensive training in all aspects of Business English, including reading, writing, speaking and listening. Our expert instructors will introduce you to a range of business communications using assignments such as reading business articles and listening to business transactions in different accents. You will practice and develop your skills through writing business documents and participating in class discussions and roleplaying business-type situations.
English is the common denominator for many professions regardless of where on the globe they’re located. The ability to communicate effectively using language that is both commonplace and business appropriate is an essential skill for any professional.
This program is perfect if you have recently completed a general English as a Second Language (ESL) program and want to take your skills into the area of business. However please note that this program does not replace the need for an ESL program.
General Admission Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a high school graduate or 19 years-old (or older) at the start of their program or course.
- Applicants may be required to provide valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants must meet Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s requirements for students studying in Canada.
- Applicants may also be required to demonstrate their English proficiency.
These requirements may vary slightly from program to program. Please check with your Program Adviser or the program webpage for requirements specific to your chosen program.
English Language Requirements
All applicants for admission to the College must demonstrate English-language proficiency by providing proof of one of the following:
- A minimum grade of “C” in English 12; or
- A minimum grade of “C” in English Literature 12; or
- English language proficiency by one of the following means or equivalent tests:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 64 (Internet-based), 180 (computer-based) or 510 (paper-based), or
- Minimum IELTS Academic score of 5.5; or
- Minimum TOEIC score of 800; or
- ACCUPLACER score of 76-95