This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to assist the teaching staff in schools and provide care and supervision for children from kindergarten to Year 12. You will learn skills to manage challenging behaviours and assist in classroom management. You can choose to learn advanced skills to enable working with others. As part of this course you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
"Students must complete a total number of 17 units which comprise of 12 core units plus 5 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Assist in facilitation of student learning
- Work with students in need of additional support
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Participate in work health and safety"
"An IELTS score (Academic) of 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5 or equivalent is required. Equivalent to Australian Year 10 is required for entry into this course"
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016