This qualification is for people who want to work in community based organizations, residential rehabilitation and outreach services to provide a range of services, interventions and community education to clients. You will learn how to design and deliver programs that aim to enhance the well being of individuals and groups.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
You will complete core units of study in the following areas:
- Work within a community development framework
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Use targeted communication skills to build relationships
- Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Work effectively in the community sector
- Deliver and develop client services
- Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately
- Maintain an effective work environment
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Contribute to OHS processes
Contact us for more information on the elective units offered within this course.
There are assessments for every unit.
Get credit for previous study and life experience:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) helps you get your qualification faster. We will review your life and work experiences as well as any previous study you may have completed that might contribute to RPL for this course.
TAFE 2 uni pathways:
A TAFE NSW Certificate IV or Diploma could give you up to 12 months advanced standing in a university degree. Some Advanced Diplomas offer even more credit. Choosing a TAFE to University Pathway at North Coast TAFE is a great way to get practical 'job ready' skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage. North Coast Institute offers a range of programs to help transition to University study.
This school offers programs in:
While there are no formal academic entry requirement for this course, for student visa purposes you may be required to show successful completion of an academic qualification equivalent to Year 10 or Year 12. Competency in English language to academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or Certificate 3 in Advanced English for Further Study or equivalent.
North Coast Institute provides a range of English language programs, in which you can enroll anytime, that can help you transition to formal study.
Last updated January 19, 2016