This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to assist the teaching staff in schools and provide care and supervision for children from kindergarten to Year 10. You will learn how to implement planned education programs, assist students in their learning and development, contribute to the safety and health of students and support students with additional needs. You will also learn how to work with children and young people at risk of harm, work effectively with culturally diverse students, families and co-workers and gain an introductory knowledge into working with children with special needs. As part of this course you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
"Students must complete a total number of 17 units which comprise of 12 core units plus 5 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are:
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
- Work effectively with students and colleagues
- Contribute to the health and safety of students
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people"
"An IELTS score (Academic) of 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5 or equivalent is required. Equivalent to Australian Year 10 is required for entry into this course"
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016