Last updated December 9, 2015
A wide-ranging, challenging 12-week course designed to equip students with the English language skills required to function effectively in the world of business.
The Business English course at LMC aims to allow students to:
- improve their reading, writing, listening & speaking skills within the context of business
- increase their knowledge of business-related vocabulary
- focus on business-appropriate functions, register and
- become familiar with the format of the BEC exam
- improve their exam technique
- practise the kind of questions they will have to answer in the exam
- take practice exam papers
|Max Class Size
|Lessons Per Week
||15 hours per week
||at least Upper Intermediate
||1 - 12 weeks
|Hours of Study
||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
|Length to Complete Programme
|| 12 weeks
Average Price £15-£20
- A BEC exam-focussed course book is used every day in class. It is very important for students to buy this course book as it provides the basis of the course.
- Business English at LMC is a 12-week course. Since students can start any Monday, they must not expect to start the course book from page 1. However, the book we use does not have to be worked through in chronological order and by the end of the 12 weeks, the student will have covered the whole book and done all necessary exam preparation.
- There is regular exam practice. This may take the form of one whole paper from the exam or a sample of questions.
- Supplementary materials are also used to add variety and consolidate the course book- based work.
- Teachers often set homework for this course. Students are expected to complete all homework assignments. The BEC exam is challenging and students must be prepared to devote plenty of time to private study if they wish to pass.
- Every week there is revision of the work done in the previous week. As we operate a continuous enrolment system, new students join the class all of the time. By revising functions, tenses and lexis, new students are not left behind. We also believe that revision and reinforcement are necessary learning tools.
- One week before the BEC, students can choose to take intensive exam practice to aid their preparation.
This school offers programs in: