Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Heidenheim is introducing a new program called the “Bridge Year”. Our Bridge Year will help international students to get prepared for studying in Germany at DHBW (Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg - Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University).
In order to study at DHBW as a foreign student you need to provide proof of German language skills, a school leaving certificate equivalent to the German “Abitur” and a training contract with one of our cooperating companies. During the Bridge Year Program we will support you in the application procedure.
About the program
- Program duration: October 2015 to August 2016
- The program is directed at foreign students with little or no knowledge of the German language.
- Those completing the program will be able to pass the official German language proficiency test (DSH), one of the requirements to study at DHBW as a foreign student.
- Language training
- Block I Courses A1 and A2 (beginners) with a total of 300 hours
- Block II Courses B1 and B2 (intermediate) with a total of 300 hours
- Block III Preparation for DSH test
- Intercultural training
- Germany and the Germans – Overview of the German history
- “Typically German” – German culture and society
- Training for job applications
- Program specific courses
- students are assigned to different groups depending on the faculty in which they want to be enrolled - Business Administration, Engineering or Social Work
- students receive subject specific courses like mathematics, physics, social work, academic work, presentation skills
- Internship/work placement at one of our cooperating companies
- Excursions, site visits to local companies, social events and other extra-curricular activities.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- program fee € 1,500
- accommodation € 250-300 per month
- living expenses approximately € 300 per month
- a limited number of scholarship will be awarded
- must be of full age
- must possess a school leaving certificate which is equivalent to the German university entrance qualification
- must have a good command of English