The McKinsey Global Institute has predicted that by 2018, the US alone could face a shortage of between 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills, and a shortage of 1.5 million managers and analysts who can leverage data analysis to make effective decisions for their organisations.
Big Data is not just another fad. In an increasingly digital world, Big Data plays a very important role in driving decisions, innovation and productivity in large multinationals, non-profits and governments. It can be used to analyse social media trends to formulate election strategy, evaluate meteorological data to predict the weather or even to analyse retail data to drive more sales.
S P Jain’s one-of-a-kind certificate program in Big Data & Analytics allows students to develop a thorough understanding of Big Data analysis, determine the changing role of Information Sciences and bring in creative solutions to tackle the challenges that arise.
- Part-time and full-time study options available Courses in cutting-edge topics like Data Mining, Machine Learning, Visualisation techniques, Predictive Modeling
- Hands-on program with industry interaction, real-world projects and laboratory sessions built into the curriculum
- Mandatory Professional Readiness Program to help develop leadership, decision-making and other real-world business skills
- Develop essential data science skills like data mining, data modeling, data architecture, extraction, transformation, loading development and business intelligence development
- Launchpad to careers in emerging fields like Data Science and Business Intelligence Development
- Gain placement assistance from our multi-city Career Assistance Services
What we are looking for
As this is a postgraduate program, you must already be a university graduate to apply. Candidates with undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in any one of the following disciplines: Engineering (any discipline), Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or Commerce, may apply to the program. Candidates with work experience between 0-5 years will be strongly preferred.
Please note that minimum eligibility criteria may be waived for exceptionally qualified candidates.
S P Jain School of Global Management, Mumbai Campus starts its pioneer batch of‘Big Data & Analytics Program’(BDAP) with 30 students on October 10, 2015 with a bang. This batch saw students joining from companies like Apple India, Tata Consultancy Services, Microsoft, L&T Infotech, Reliance, Hitachi, Capgemini, Deloitte Consulting, Accenture, Ugam, Blue Star, J P Morgan India and several others. The average work experience of the batch is 5.25 years with students from across India - Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad joining the full time or part time batch.
Key Highlights of the first batch profile: ·
- 48% of the batch consists of IT/Computer Engineers, followed by Mechanical and Electrical & Electronics
- 59% of the batch falls within 0-6 years of work experience
- 48% of the batch comprises students from the IT & Consulting industries
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2015