- CitySmart Hospitality Education
- Edexcel – UK
- Certification 3 - Advanced Culinary Arts
- Introduction letter from interned hotels / restaurants
- You must be at least 18 Years old at time of Registration, and have passed your High School Graduate Certificate.
- Applicants should have completed CHM Professional Cookery Certificate 2, and successfully undertaken their first 3 month internship.
- Some applicants may also be required to complete a placement test and Interview
- English Language Requirements
All classes are conducted in English.
If English is not your first language you will be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability.
The level required for this course is IELTS 4.5 or equivalent.
- Full time
- The full-time program can be completed in 13 weeks, A 12 week internship placement is strongly recommended, but not compulsory
- If you opt to complete a second internship the program duration extends to 26 weeks. The 26 weeks comprises of 12 weeks full-time study, followed by a 1 week break. You will then complete through 12 weeks full-time internship, followed by a graduation week
This program is for those wishing to learn the more advanced techniques of professional cookery, and will enable you to advance the skills acquired in CHM Certificate 2. Again, your lecturers will take a practical approach to teach more complex cuisine theory and concepts.
In parallel with the practical classes you’ll further your knowledge of food safety and how to develop strong working relationships in the hospitality industry, as well as the art of restaurant menu planning. The program culminates in the preparation and execution of a professional set menu dinner for our exclusive on-site restaurant; Topchef bar and restaurant.
Small-size practical classes of a maximum of 12 students will allow you to work both individually and as a part of a team under the expert guidance and personal attention of our lecturers. Learning in industry-standard kitchens and practising in our fine-dining restaurant Top Chef will help you to perfect your culinary skills, and the program
- Development of Working Relationships in Hospitality
- Health, Safety & Security in the Hospitality Working Environment
- The Principles Of Food Safety Supervision For Catering
- Food Safety in Catering
- Principles Of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Complex Soups
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Hot Sauces
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing Of Dressings & Cold Sauces
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Complex Cakes, Sponges, Biscuits & Scones
- CHM Bake Sale Week
- Preparation, Cooking & finishing of fish dishes
- Preparation, cooking and finishing of Meat dishes
- Preparation, cooking and finishing of Poultry dishes
- Preparation, cooking and finishing of Vegetable dishes
- Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing complex cold dishes
- Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing fresh pasta dishes
- Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing hot deserts
- Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing cold deserts
- CHM Set Menu Dinner- Topchef Restaurant
- Graduation week
Excelling as a professional Chef can take many years of hard work and determination. Our lecturers will work with you on an individual basis to help you achieve your personal ambitions.
The demand for skilled, knowledgeable chefs is extremely high, and this program will enable you to consider career opportunities across the globe. Our graduates are in high demand by employers, and you could enjoy a rewarding career in the restaurant of a luxury hotel, resort, cruise ship, as well as a number of other positions in the travel and tourism industry
The Learning Experience
Practical learning activities take place in our six speciality training kitchens, while theory is taught in western style lectures, seminars, guest lecturer and group work activities.
During the program you’ll engage with the industry as much as possible. CHM has good working partnerships with catering businesses and restaurants within and around Hanoi. Excursions to these partners will show you how the industry operates in practice.
You’ll also participate in guest lectures and question and answer sessions with visiting industry professionals to gain first hand insight into how the industry works.
CHM also hosts events to give you valuable hands on experience on how to set up, run, manage and deliver these activities to the public. Such events include the CHM Bake Sale, CHM Cocktail and Canapé Night and the CHM Set Menu dinner.
Since our objective is to thoroughly prepare you for working in a professional kitchen, we do not place an emphasis on traditional written examinations. As in Professional Cookery Certificate 2, your learning will be assessed via course work where you will be expected to present your understanding of a topic in a practical manner.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 12, 2016