- CitySmart Hospitality Education
- Edexcel – UK
- Certification 2 - Basic Culinary Arts
- Introduction letter from interned hotels / restaurants
- You must be at least 18 Years old at the time of enrollment
- Has passionate with Culinary.
- IELTS 4.0 or equivalent
- Basic English if studying in Vietnamese
- Interview for enrollment
- Full time
- The full-time program can be completed in 26 weeks, which includes your compulsory internship placement.
- The 26 weeks comprises of 12 weeks full-time study, followed by a 1 week break. You will then complete a 12 weeks full-time internship, followed by a 1 week break.
Perfect for students with a passion for professional cookery, this program will give you the fundamental education required to succeed in industry, while equipping you with the skills to supervise your own kitchen.
This program takes a practical approach to teach the theories and concepts that underpin professional cookery, and opens the door to the mastery of classic cuisine techniques. From day one, you begin to develop the basic skills, such as how to hold a knife properly, peel vegetables and prepare a chicken. As the course progresses, techniques become more complex.
In parallel with the practical classes, you’ll become familiar with essential knowledge of the cooking profession such as food safety, hygiene, setting up a kitchen, customer service and team working.
Small-size practical classes of a maximum of 12 students will allow you to work both individually and as a part of a team under the expert guidance and personal attention of our lecturers. Learning in industry-standard kitchens and practising in our fine-dining restaurant Top Chef will help you to perfect your culinary skills.
- Student Orientation
- Hospitality English, Industry Etiquette, Grooming & Self Presentation
- Principles of Customer Service on Hospitality, Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Effective Teamwork
- Safe, Hygienic & Secure Working Environments in Hospitality
- Food Safety in Catering
- Principles of Setting Up & Closing The Kitchen
- Principles of Completing Kitchen Documentation
- Principles of How To Maintain, Handle & Clean Knives
- Principles of Making Basic Stocks
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Hot Sauces
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Soups
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Fish Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Meat Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Poultry Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Game Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking & Finishing of Vegetable Dishes
- Principles of Preparing, & Mixing Spice & Herb Blends
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Grain Dishes
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Pulse Dishes
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Rice Dishes
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Egg Dishes
- Principles of Preparing, Cooking & Finishing Basic Pastry
- CHM Bake Sale Week
- CHM Cocktail Event – Prepare, Cook And Present Canapés & Cocktail Products
Working in a professional kitchen is rewarding, but it’s not an easy job; a high level position could take years to achieve. It takes years of hard work, passion and dedication to become a talented Chef. Our lecturers will work with you on an individual basis to help you achieve your personal ambitions.
On completion of Certificate 2, CHM recommend that you progress to Professional Cookery Certificate 3. If you’d prefer to move into employment, you will find that your new skills are aligned to roles in a variety of catering environments including those within hotels, resorts, cruise ships, as well as a number of other positions in the travel and tourism industry.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 4, 2016