The Mathematics Program is designed to prepare a student for entry-level studies in general mathematics and for further education in mathematics-related areas of study. A two-year curriculum in mathematics is available for students who plan to obtain an Associate in Science degree by completing the NHSC requirements.
- Apply Mathematical reasoning and procedures to real-world problems.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, the process by which they approach problems, and the conclusions drawn from solving them.
- Recognize the Historical Roots of Mathematics, and the ways in which Mathematics has affected the history of human intellectual endeavors.
- Utilize scientific methodology and Mathematical analysis to investigate their physical and social environments.
- Use technology to calculate, graph, and analyze data.
- Appreciate the history and culture of the Nueta, Hidatsa, and Sahnish people.
Professional Course Requirements
- MA 129 Basic Linear Algebra
- MA 165 Calculus I
- MA 166 Calculus II
- MA 210 Elementary Statistics
- MA 280 College Geometry
- MA Elective
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 1, 2016